This company, established in the first decade of the previous century as successors to Chadwich Weir & Co. Argentina Ltd., situated on 516, 25 de Mayo Street of Buenos Aires, decides to open a branch in Bahía Blanca, and appoints George Walsh as the manager.
After some years, Chadwich Weir & Co. Argentina Ltd. decides to close the aforementioned branch. In view of this, Mr. Walsh goes to Buenos Aires to talk with Chadwick executives and tells them he wants to start working on his own in the same field, thus creating AGENCIA MARITIMA WALSH (WALSH MARITIME AGENCY).
During that same trip, he visited maritime agencies in Buenos Aires offering them the service, and also offering to act as their representatives in Bahía Blanca. His proposal being accepted, he comes back to our city and establishes AGENCIA MARITIMA GEORGE H. WALSH Y CIA. (GEORGE H. WALSH MARITIME AGENCY & CO).
Mr. Walsh continues with this activity for a long period of time, also participating in the formation of the BAHIA BLANCA MARITIME CENTER in the Chamber of Commerce of Bahía Blanca, situated on 15/19 Alsina Street, on April 4, 1921, as stated in Minute Nº1. He becomes a member of the Board of this body.
Afterwards, in 1933, George H. Walsh travels to Europe - possibly pursuing his dream of returning to his homeland - informing this to the Maritime Center. He finally returns to Europe on October 11, 1939 dissolving the company George H. Walsh &Co. Mr Edmund Burton takes over the assets and liabilities, giving the company the name of Walsh Maritime Agency (E. Burton) Ltd., being a successor and partner to WEST & MURRAY and MURRAY & CO.
Edmund Burton delegates the agency to his son Horacio, RAF voluntary pilot, married to a voluntary nurse. He is the holder until December 31, 1960, when he decides to travel with his family to England. Before his return to UK, he sells the company to Messrs Jose Luis Perez Fontán, Néstor del Cerro y César Ferreira, who assume on January 1, 1961.
In February 1958, Harry Heiling starts working for the aforementioned company, situated on 43 Brown St in Bahia Blanca, then the Ocean Hotel. In January 1962, Hermann Heiling begins working there too.
The company continues working as a maritime agency, stevedoring company and direct representative of insurance companies.
Mr. Jose Luis Pérez Fontán retires on December 31, 1968, and so does Mr. Nestor del Cerro on December 31, 1974. The latter offers his partner participation to Mr. Neiendam and to the Heiling brothers, prior consent of Mr. César Ferreira, who retires years later on December 31, 1994 selling his partner participation to Mr. Neindam and the Heiling brothers in proportional parts.
Mr. Neiendam sells his share of the company to the Heiling brothers and retires on November 31, 1999.
From this moment on, the company becomes a family business, incorporating Verónica and Eric Heiling.
According to the Deed of Appointment, File 571-A/68 of the AGP, signed on November 1, 1968, the Maritime Company builds the office on the land ceded by the document, and has been operating there since then.
At the beginning of 1900s, Chadwich Weir & Co. Argentina Ltd., a company located in Buenos Aires, opens a branch in Bahía Blanca as succesors to Chadwick Weir & Cía. Argentina Ltda., apppointing George Walsh as the manager. -
After some years of activity in the city, the company Chadwick Weir & CO. Argentina Ltd. closes the aforementioned office in Bahía Blanca, and Mr. Walsh founds AGENCIA MARITIMA H. WALSH Y CIA (GEORGE H. WALSH & CO. MARITIME AGENCY.) -
On October 11, 1939 the firm George H. Walsh & CO is dissolved, and it is taken over by Mr. Edmund Burton (successor and partner of WEST & MURRAY and MURRAY & CO.), giving the company the name of Agencia Marítima Walsh (E. Burton) Ltd.-
In February 1958, Harry Heiling starts working for the company, and in January 1962, Hermann Heiling begins working there too. The company continues working as a maritime agency, stevedoring company and direct representative of insurance companies.-
On December 31, 1968 Mr. Jose Luis Pérez Fontán retires, and so does Mr. Nestor del Cerro on December 31, 1974. The latter offers his partner participation to Mr. Neiendam and to the Heiling brothers.-